Not knowing your lifestyle, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that there are probably times in your life when you’re tired and you look it. Personally I find that the lighter your skin is, the more it becomes obvious when you’re extremely tired: bags under your eyes are more visible than usual, your eyes look smaller and your skin looks even paler than other times.
If or when that happens to you and you feel like you still want to look your usual fresh self there are some things that I like to do in those situations that maybe you’ll find helpful as well:
- Take a shower and wash your hair: As tempting as it may be to keep snoozing and skip the shower when I’m extremely tired, I believe that showering has the power to wake me up and freshly washed hair usually gives me a better appearance overall. Basically it takes focus off my face, which is something I like when my face is still asleep but I have to be at work anyhow.
- Basic make up: I don’t always put on makeup, but when I look extremely tired I like to put some concealer on the bags under my eyes and on some blemishes because they tend to be extra visible when my skin is lighter than usual. Perhaps add some blush as well.
- Skip the eyeliner: Other than concealer and blush, eyeliner tends to execerbate my tired look. Especially black eyeliner makes my eyes look very small and the black is too much of a contrast to the pale skin surrounding my eyes on days like these.
- Put on some nice, but comfortable a clothes: I am always a fan of the casually chic look, but especially on days when I am very tired I like something cuddly or comfortable that still is more appropriate for work than yoga pants. Either a cute dress or pants with a shirt and cardigan/knit sweater are usually a good option for me.
- Choose colors wisely: I like to avoid pure black or white on such days and rather go for colors like navy or bordeaux red, both of which work really well for me.
- Accessorize: Putting on some bling and maybe a scarf tends to give my look that little extra that takes it from „I was too tired to pick out anything decent this morning“ to presentable and makes it more interesting. A scarf is also a great way to add some more color to the outfit.
Of course, the only thing that will truly help is to get in a good nap, but since that’s not always an option I thought I’d give you some tips on what tends to work for me.
Love – The Fairy Pales
What are your favorite routines and tips for when you’re about to snooze through your weekday morning?